WV Flood Relief
FEMA has established an emergency response team to ensure that individuals with disabilities and their families receive the help they need. FEMA is establishing disaster recovery centers in each of the 3 designated counties and will be assessing the surrounding counties for additional needs over the next few days. Sign language interpreters and other service providers make up “Survivor Assistance Teams”. These teams go door-to-door to assess any unmet needs. These assessments have already started and will continue over the next few weeks.
If you need assistance, contact Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies- Shari Myers, by email at email@example.com and cell phone, 214-755-3446 or Paul Timmons, email firstname.lastname@example.org and cell phone 843-817-2651.
- Main Number: 304-558-5380
- Clay County: 304-587-4259
- Fayette County: 304-574-1610
- Greenbrier County: 304-645-5444
- Kanawha County: 304-357-096
- Monroe County: 304-772-3925
- Nicholas County: 304-872-7892
- Pocahontas County: 304-799-6537
- Roane County: 304-927-0918
- Summers County: 304-466-5613
- Webster County: 304-847-2122
1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362) or visit disasterassistance.gov.
Small Business Administration
1-800-659-2955 or email email@example.com.
WV Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
1-800-451-1954 or visithttps://wvvoad.communityos.org/cms/home.
Below are the locations of Disaster Recovery Centers which will assist those affected by the flooding.
Kanawha County Crede Warehouse
3300 Pennsylvania Ave, Charleston, WV 25302
7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (open seven days a week)
Disaster Recovery Center 2, Richwood City Hall
Richwood City Hall 6, White Ave, Richwood, WV
Hours of operation: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (open seven days a week)
Mobile Disaster Recovery Center 3
65 West Main St (please note new address), White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986
Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, 6/29/16 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, 6/30/16
Disaster Recovery Center 4
201 Kanawha Ave, Rainelle, WV Opens June 30, 2016
Hours of operation: 7:00AM-7:00PM (open seven days a week)
If you are in need of assistive devices, there are many resources that can help. If you have specific questions, call WVATS at 800-841-8436 or visit the online loan library at https://vll.cedwvu.org/welcome.aspx.
- WVATS, Morgantown, 800-841-8436
- Project Assist Mobile Resource Center, Middlebourne, 304-771-8747
- The Early Childhood Resource Lending Library, Charleston, 800-642-9704, 304-356-4384
- The ARC of the Mid Ohio Valley, Parkersburg, 304-422-3151
- CED Resource Center, Morgantown, 304-293-4692
- WV AgrAbility, Morgantown, 800-841-8436
- Disability Action Center, Fairmont, 304-366-3213
- CAMC Foundation, Charleston, 304-388-9865
- NWVCIL Use to Learn, Elkins, 304-636-0143